For the second year in a row, the Cremation Society of New Hampshire received a Great Place to Work certification for 2022 based on feedback from employees. The Cremation Society’s team ranks the funeral home 43% higher than average companies are rated, according to a U.S. National Employee Engagement Study.
The Cremation Society employees ranked the company higher than the national average in categories including:
“Through the employee feedback, I see some areas to improve the way we work together. My team knows their suggestions are always welcome and they’ve seen those suggestions change the way we operate our business,” the Cremation Society President Buddy Phaneuf said.
What makes the Cremation Society unique?
Team members responded:
- I feel I make a difference for the families I assist and the company, as well by always going above to help cover when we are short staffed. I look forward to many more years working for the company.
- Service is foremost in their operation, which is very commendable.
- Everyone is kind and friendly and easy to get along with. The staff is genuine about serving the families that come to us in their time of need.
- The facilities are the best of the best in the industry: clean, modern and well kept.
- Despite the work we do, everyone is able to keep their spirits high.
- Great co-workers.
Feedback from an employee survey given by Great Places to Work includes:
- 95% said “Management has a clear view of where the organization is going and how to get there.”
- 93% said “Our customers would rate the service we deliver as ‘excellent.’
- 91% said “People here are given a lot of responsibility.”
- 91% said “I am given the resources and equipment to do my job.”
Nearly half of the Cremation Society’s employees have been with the company for six years or more, and 37% have been with the company for 11 years or more.