It’s hard when someone you love is nearing the end of their life. However, planning ahead can help ease some of the difficulties and make the process a little less stressful.
Often, when a person is aware that their death is imminent, they will be more open to discussing arrangements and be more willing to share their desires for their end-of-life services. This can be comforting, even healing to the people who are preparing for the loss of someone they love. While it may not be what you would call an easy conversation, it is a conversation well worth having.
There are many things to discuss, such as:
- Do they want to be cremated or buried?
- What do they envision when they think about their memorial service or funeral?
- What music do they want played?
- Who do they want to speak?
- What kind of foods do they want served at the after-service meal?
- Who do they want to write their obituary?
- What do they think should be in that obituary?
When you’re ready to begin, the first step is to become a member of The Cremation Society of NH. With $30 and a completed application, you’ve secured access to our member pricing – whenever you choose to take the next step in planning.