- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Information we gather
The following information is gathered from our website visitors:
- IP address, email address and contact information (if you provide it), certain demographical information.
How we use the information we gather
We use the information to enhance your visitor experience.
The people that are given access to this information
Your personal information is accessible by the technology and the marketing departments.
The security measures we have in place to protect your personal information
To safeguard your personal information, all of our information is kept private and secure.
Your browser settings may allow you to block these cookies, but we recommend you have them enabled to help us personalize your experience of our website.
The Cremation Society of New Hampshire (CSNH) may collect personal information that site visitors provide when they complete any online form, application, or survey. Information provided in a request for service or information link/e-mail will be forwarded to one of our associates or affiliates so that a staff member can respond to the request. CSNH may contact any visitor who has submitted a request for additional information, regarding the request. Our company is the sole proprietor of all data files gathered and we do not rent or sell visitors’ personal information to non-affiliate companies without the consent of the visitor.
Site Visitorship Data
CSNH uses aggregated site visitorship data to improve the content and services offered to site visitors. All reports cite visitorship data on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no personally identifiable information is associated with it. This data may include:
- The number of people who visit our site
- The pages they visit
- The amount of time they stay on our site
- The domain name of the site where visitors are connecting from (google.com for example)
- The aggregate demographics (age/sex/interests) of our visitors
Google may use this data to provide search results and advertisements more likely to be of interest to viewers with similar, general characteristics. CSNH may, in conjunction with the Remarketing and Similar Audiences features of Google, use this data to advertise to previous visitors to our website or audiences with similar aggregate characteristics to visitors to our website.
This site uses Google Adwords, Google Remarketing with AdSense, and Demographics and Interests Reporting. This allows us to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to users who have visited the CSNH.com site previously. This advertising could appear on a Google search engine results page (SERP) or another website in the Google Display Network.
Vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
Users may opt out of internet-based online advertising by visiting: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Our company works hard to ensure that our systems are secure and that they meet industry standards. Where appropriate, we employ firewalls, encryption technology, user authentication systems (e.g., usernames and passwords) and access control mechanisms to control access to systems and data.